Saturday

The great divide

Sometimes I wonder what it's like on the other side. I have chosen a path that revolves around my creative (and very vain) interests, such as beauty and art. I couldn't imagine living a very happy existence without being surrounded by such things at all times. But lately, and especially last night, I have been looking more into the other side of me. For the longest time I have had a constant battle with myself on whether or not to go back to school. I want to go, I yearn to immerse myself in knowledge and spend hours pouring over textbooks dedicated to things that stimulate my brain. Yet the other side of me, who is as stubborn as the day is long, tells me it's just not worth it, that I am happy being my own boss, and living, (for lack of better term) this "Bohemian" lifestyle.


Something that I feel like only a few people (stefanie) know about me is that I'm also freakishly obsessed with two other things: animals and tearing apart a person's psyche. I love animals. I love observing animals and studying their behavior because I believe that when we study them in their natural habitat, doing what seems to be silly animal things, that we are really studying ourselves, in the purest form.

With that being said, and with almost as much enthusiasm, I love studying people. Anthropology. History. Psychology. Why we do certain things/ why we feel certain things/how we react/what makes us tick/where we came from/evolution (that ultimately ties my two passions together)// and basically everything outside, around, and in between. If you know me, I always have some grand explanation of human behavior for you that probably just makes me sound like a cynical bitch. Well, no one said it better than *cringe* the bloodhound gang, "You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals...


You know the rest.

No comments: